Website Integration Guide – Donations and Pledges
Before you are able to start using your Donations web page, you need to tell Sumac which payment processor to use when charging a donation. To do this go to Sumac Console/Utilities/Customize Database/Preferences/Payments. In the Payments area you are required to enter information about your merchant account. For more information about setting this area up, see our How-to Video.
You may also need to indicate which Funds will show online, to do this open Sumac Console/Utilities/Customize Database/Lookup Lists/Area: Donations, and Lookup List: Fund and then mark them as Show on Web.
The Donations web page adds a new Donation record to a contact. If you have the Pledges module, you can make monthly giving an option. There will be a checkbox on the website where donors can choose to make their donation a monthly gift. This will create a Pledge record in the database. Please see our How-to Videos for more information.
Web Page Appearance
Before you are able to show Funds online, you must first define them in your database Then tell Sumac to show them online. Perform the following steps:
- Open Sumac Console/Utilities/Customize Database/Lookup Lists. Select Areas: Donations, and Lookup Lists: Funds.
- Either select an existing Fund from your lookup list, or click New to create a new item if you do not see any in your list.
- Set the Show on Web checkbox in the Fund definition dialog. Click OK
Settings available for Donations
If you would like to make some changes to the way Sumac handles online donations, then open Sumac Console/Utilities/Customize Database/Preferences/Donations. Website Integration settings for the Donations module are found at the bottom of this tab. For more information about these administrator settings, please consult our Users Guide Donations chapter.
Settings available for Pledges
If you are licensed for the Pledges module, then you are also able to make changes to how Sumac processes your online pledges. To do so, open Sumac Console/Utilities/Customize Database/Preferences/Pledges. Changes include: Default Campaigns and end dates, email confirmations and dates that are eligible for pledges. For more information about these administrator settings, please consult our
Users Guide Pledges chapter.
Deduct Funds on- Radio Buttons
To set which dates are shown to a donor, go to Sumac Console/Utilities/Customize Database/Preferences/Pledges/Website Integration. In the Website Integration area you are able to set how Sumac handles any pledges that are submitted online, including which dates it offers to deduct funds on. Make sure you enter a number between 1 and 28 for the date.
Thank you letter and receipt
When a contact donates online, Sumac is able to send a thank you letter and a donation receipt. To set these, go to Sumac Console/Utilities/Customize Database/Preferences/Donations Tab/Website Integration. In the Website Integration area, you will find fields to specify how Sumac handles sending emails to any online donor. For more instruction on setting up a thank you letter and receipt, please see our Database Configuration page.
If you are experiencing an error related to payments or credit card processing, you should consider the following:
- You may need to tell Sumac which payment processor to use when charging a payment. To do this go to Sumac Console/Utilities/Customize Database/Preferences/Payments. In the Payments area you are required to enter information about your merchant account. For more information about setting this area up, see our How-to Video.
- In the same lookup list as step one, ensure that any payment type you would like to see online has the checkbox “Show On Web” set. To access this, double click the payment type you are concerned about.