“Prior to SUMAC, Trillium Gift of Life Network was manually issuing donation receipts. Thank you and acknowledgement letters were also manually done after donation receipt. This process was time consuming and record keeping was a challenge. Now, using SUMAC, issuing receipts, printing Thank you and acknowledgement letters and recordkeeping is both faster and more streamlined. Record keeping is also more secure and accessible via the system data base of information which can be accessed through user defined security. System reporting has also proven to be flexible to accommodate other needs required by TGLN. Last but certainly not least, system support has been excellent anytime it was required. Our Communications department is now looking at SUMAC to provide a database of contact information for its particular needs. – Finance Manager, Trillium Gift of Life Network
Trillium Gift of Life Network was created to help save and enhance lives by maximizing organ and tissue donations for transplantation. Organ donation from one individual can help up to eight others. Tissue donation from one individual can help up to 75 others. And living donation is becoming an increasingly important source of organs for transplant.
Trillium Gift of Life Network was created in December 2000 by the Ontario Government and assumed the role of Ontario’s central organ and tissue donation agency with the challenge to significantly increase organ and tissue donation across the province and improve related processes and functions. As outlined by the Trillium Gift of Life Network Act, the Network’s mandate
- Plan, promote, coordinate and support activities relating to the donation of organs and tissue for transplant.
- Coordinate and support the work of designated facilities in connection with organ and tissue donation
- Manage the procurement, distribution and delivery of organs and tissue.
- Establish and manage waiting lists for organ and tissue transplants and establish and manage a system of fair allocation.
- Undertake to ensure that patients and their families have appropriate information and opportunities to consider whether to consent to the donation of organs and tissue and facilitate the provision of that information.
- Provide education to the public and to the health care community about organ and tissue donation and facilitate the provision of such education by others.
Saving and enhancing more lives through the gift of organ and tissue donation in Ontario.
To be a world-class leader that enhances and saves lives through organ and tissue donation for
We are an effective, innovative leader in organ and tissue donation. We work in an environment of honesty,
trust, respect, compassion and cooperation