“The switch from a manually managed membership list to an integrated data base has been smooth thanks to the excellent support from Sumac support and other staff. As a new user, they have helped us through the data loading process, and have provided several tutorials for our officers, always willing to go the extra mile to guide us through the learning process. To date, Sumac has met all our data requirements, and we look forward to our continuing relationship. Thanks Sumac!”
– Secretary to the Board of Directors, New Brunswick Hospice Palliative Care Association
The New Brunswick Hospice Palliative Care Association provides leadership to enhance quality end-of-life-care for individuals and families living with life threatening illnesses in New Brunswick, and works in collaboration with the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association and other provincial and national stakeholders to advance hospice palliative care in New Brunswick and in Canada.
Who We Are
The New Brunswick Hospice Palliative Care Association is a non-profit organization that includes health care professionals, volunteers, and other caring individuals dedicated to ensuring that all New Brunswickers have access to quality end-of-life care. We work to improve the quality of life for a people in New Brunswick affected by life threatening illness, death, and bereavement.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To promote the principles and standards for hospice palliative care in New Brunswick.
- To provide leadership, guidance and support to members and stakeholders in hospice palliative care.
- To increase awareness, knowledge and skills related to hospice palliative care of the general public, health care professionals and volunteers.
- To provide advocacy for improved hospice palliative care policy, resources and support.</li<
- To maintain a working relationship with the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association.
- To develop collaborative relationships and partnerships with government and non-governmental agencies and groups to advance end-of-life care in New Brunswick.