We are a home for ordinary people seeking asylum from danger, terror and persecution. When refugee claimants arrive, they are lonely, confused and unsure about what is required of them. Micah House intercepts them at this vulnerable point to provide our unique services and bring direction to their circumstances.
Our guests tell us that when they were at a low point in their life, full of doubt and uncertainty, Micah House became their family when they were separated from their own.
Micah House welcomes newly arrived refugees to Hamilton with God’s love by:
- providing safe shelter
- assisting with settlement
- making passages into the community
Our Core Values are the following.
- Loving Service: An obedient response to God’s call to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with God (Micah 6:8)
- Faith Based: Christian faith expressed in regular prayer and reliance on God in every circumstance based on his Word
- Human Dignity: Respect for individual’s needs based on the belief that each person is created in the image of God
- Holistic Ministry: Meeting the needs of the whole person — physical, emotional and spiritual
- Community: Promoting healthy community within the house and building bridges into the community for the residents; establishing meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships with churches in Hamilton
- Ministry Partner: Sharing our experiences and expertise with others to help them begin or develop their own ministries to refugees