1. The LookThe basic look of the letter must be similar to your stationery, with your logo and address.
2. Johnson BoxA message before the letter is often found in letters, it is used to highlight your key message.
3. Mail Merge CopyAll variable copy (like names and addresses of your recipients, or any other block of copy that needs to be changed) is usually set in a light blue colour, so that the printer know that block changes for each individual recipient.
4. ImageAdd an image of the person you are talking about.
5. Font and PunctuationUse a sans serif typeface. Indent your paragraphs. Keep sentences short.
6. AskAsk early and ask often.
7. SignatureAdd a live signature in dark blue ink.
8. Add a P.S.Always include a P.S. and use bold text to make it stand out. Use it to summarize your letter.
9. Donation FormUse the bottom 3.5” of an 8.5 x 14 (legal size) paper for your donation form.
Work From home Like a Champ.
We’ll get you setup fast with a database you, and all your nonprofit staff can access from anywhere!