The Internet has completely revolutionized the way nonprofits work. While traditional fundraising methods are still being used, online donation platforms and tools have taken it to a whole new level. In fact, statistics suggest that the overall online donations increased from 15% to 23% over the last year.
Online fundraising has enabled nonprofits to garner millions for a good cause and with the right tools at your disposal, your nonprofit can also achieve that.
On that note, below is a list of highly curated online donation platforms and tools that you can use for your fundraising campaigns.
So, let’s get started:
#1 Sumac Donation Pages
Tailored specifically for nonprofits, embedded on your website, and connected to your nonprofit CRM, Sumac’s donation pages are really great option for nonprofits who want to streamline online donations.
Donation pages can be customized with your nonprofit’s colors, header, and footer, so donors have a seamless experience. You can also choose preset giving amounts, and include an option for monthly giving.
When someone makes a donation on your website, all of the donation information is automatically entered into your Sumac CRM, and a receipt is emailed out. All without you doing a thing.
- Customized online donation request forms: With Sumac, you can create customized donation forms that look exactly like your brand and connect to your donors in a more personalized way.
- Low processing fees: Sumac has partnered with iATS and Stripe to offer secure credit card processing with fees starting at 2.2%, and Sumac does not charge a fee on top of that.
- Detailed analytics and reports: Details of every donation made is captured automatically in an easy to read manner and you can even customize the reports as per your nonprofits’ requirements.
- Built-in email marketing tools: Sumac has built-in broadcast email that allows you to send automatic email receipts, and thank you letters, so you don’t have to worry about follow-up.
- Fully automated tool: Automate your fundraising campaign using Sumac. Accepting donations, sending personalized thank you letters and receipts to bookkeeping, and collecting donors’ information- everything is fully automated.
Processing fees start at a low 2.2% and Sumac gives you the option to allows donors to cover the processing fees, so you get 100% of the donations. Learn more.
Sumac donation pages are a complete solution for nonprofits looking to accept donations online, who want to make the donor experience seamless, and streamline processing of donations, recording details, and receipting to save time.
Over the last few years, Fundly has established itself as one of the best crowdfunding platforms in the market and it’s easy to see why. The platform provides plenty of options for both individuals and nonprofits to create attractive fundraising campaigns and collect donations hassle-free.
Another great thing about Fundly is that there are no startup fees or other hidden charges- making crowdfunding an easy process.
- A dedicated tool for social media marketing: Fundly allows the users to have dedicated social share buttons on their landing pages. This is a great feature to share the campaign on different social media platforms and raise awareness.
- Customized landing pages for your campaigns: Create and customize your fundraising pages easily and that too with very little technical knowledge.
- Support for all devices: Fundly allows the users to create landing pages that are optimized for all the devices including PCs, laptops, mobiles, iPads, etc.
- Simple and secure payment processing: All types of (Credit/Debit) cards are supported for instant payment collection.
Although creating a fundraising campaign is free, Fundly charges a 4.9% fee from every donation you receive. Furthermore, an additional 3% fee for card processing as well as a $0.30/transaction fee is also involved. To check out more about the pricing click here.
If you are looking to raise funds through crowdfunding, then Fundly is the online donation platform you should use!
Qgiv is one of the best peer-to-peer fundraising platforms. Whether you are an established nonprofit or an individual just starting, Qgiv provides cost-effective solutions to get you started.
The platform is user-friendly and lets you create and customize online donation forms with just a few clicks. Moreover, Qgiv is highly focused on “donor experience” meaning that your donation forms will make an instant impact on your donors and increase the chances of collecting large sums of donations.
- Donor centric Landing pages: Qgiv allows the users to create and optimize the fundraising landing pages so that the donors can have the best possible experience.
- Customized reports: With Qgiv, you can track and monitor the progress of your campaign with highly customized reports.
- Special training program: Qgiv also has a special training program for its buyers so that they can get the expertise in setting up a great fundraising campaign.
- Mobile-friendly: All your online donation forms are mobile optimized and this means you can expect a high conversion rate.
Qgiv offers 4 different options for the buyers and you can even get started free of cost-although the free option has limited features. To unlock the full features of Qgiv, you need to opt for a premium plan. To find out more about the pricing, click here.
Whatever the cause of your campaign and the size of your organization, Qgiv is a great platform to kick start your fundraising campaign.
#4 PayPal Donations
We all know that PayPal is one of the biggest payment systems worldwide but what most of us don’t know is that PayPal has a dedicated service for online fundraising (a.k.a The PayPal donate button).
With PayPal donations, you can easily integrate a donate button on your website or even create a customized online donation request form to appeal to your visitors.
Pricing is one of the strongest suits of PayPal donations. There is no monthly fee for using the platform and you only have to pay 2.2% + $0.30 for every donation you receive. To learn more about the pricing, you can click here.
PayPal donation pages do not live on your website, so don’t offer donors the same seamless experience as some of the others. Compare PayPal’s donate button with integrated donation forms. This platform is ideal for small to medium-sized nonprofits looking for a cost-effective solution.
#5 GoFundMe Charity
GoFundMe Charity is a famous crowdfunding platform dedicated to helping nonprofits. Specialized in social fundraising, GoFundMe Charity provides you all the tools you need to achieve your fundraising goal and help change the lives of others.
The platform has already helped raise more than $5 Billion and your fundraising campaign can be successful as well if you opt for this online donation platform.
P.s GoFundMe also has a specific plan for individuals looking to raise funds for a good cause.
- Optimized campaigns with data science: You can make use of a database that is backed by a behavioral study of over 100 million donors to make your fundraising campaign a success.
- Full control over your Campaign pages: Customize your fundraising pages the way you want. You can set the images, customize the donate button, include a social share button, etc.
- Accept donations online hassle-free: All credit cards and debit cards are supported to ensure that your donors do not face any problems while donating.
- Top class customer support: The customer support of GoFundMe Charity is top class. When in trouble, you can always connect to one of their experts and ask for help.
You can get started for free with GoFundMe Charity. There are no monthly subscription charges to use the platform and with the basic package, you only have to pay 1.9% + $0.30 for every donation you receive. To learn more about the pricing, click here.
GoFundMe Charity is an excellent platform to help nonprofits. With the built-in marketing tools and a cost-friendly pricing structure, it is worth considering this tool.
#6 Donate Kindly
Built especially for the small-sized nonprofits, Donate Kindly is an excellent tool to boost your fundraising campaign. Simple to use, highly secured funds processing to accept donations online, minimal payment processing fee- Donate Kindly checks all the boxes of an outstanding software.
Furthermore, you can set up a personalized donation form and get started within 15 minutes or less. Yes, it is that simple!
- Seamless integration of donation forms to your website: Easily create and embed online donation request forms on your website with no prior technical expertise.
- Custom reporting: All the data of your fundraising campaign is stored under a single tab so that you can monitor the success of your campaign effortlessly.
- Secure payment processing: The payment and data collection processes are secured with encryption so there’s no chance of data being compromised.
- No subscription fee: Get started for free and only pay a certain percentage of your total fundraising collection.
Since the target audience of Donate Kindly is small-sized nonprofits, you can get started for free. However, you are charged 2.9% + $0.30 per donation received. To learn more about the pricing, click here.
Although offering only a limited number of features, Donate Kindly does get the job done! If you are on a tight budget, then this tool is worth considering.
Especially great for fundraising for an event, the next tool on our list is 99Pledges. Similar to Donate Kindly, 99Pledges also caters to the small-sized nonprofits with affordable pricing structure and a subscription less model.
The platform is great for A-thon style fundraising and provides a suite of handy tools that can do wonders for your fundraising campaign.
- Turn donors into fundraisers: With 99Pledges, you can create accompanying pages for all your donors and have them share the fundraising campaign on social media. Turn donors into fundraisers and multiply your donations.
- Easy set up: Create your fundraising campaign within minutes and start collecting donations within minutes.
- Customizable online donation form and donate button: Every aspect of your online donation form is customizable. You have the full freedom to design the landing page however you want.
- Simple donor tracking: Keep track of all your donor activity with simple reports.
With 99Pledges, there is no startup cost or monthly subscription fee, or any other hidden charges. You only have to pay 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. To check out the pricing in detail, click here.
Planning to raise funds for an event? Then, you must try 99Pledges!
#8 iATS Payments
The success of an online fundraiser depends on how well you are marketing your campaign and making things easy for the donors – This is where iATS online forms shines.
Founded 20 years ago, iATS Payments is the only dedicated payment processing solution purpose-built for the needs of nonprofits. From cost-effective pricing to an effortless payment processing system, iATS Payments is a great way to accept donations online and raise money for a good cause.
- Simple and secure payment processing: As a purpose-built payment processing system for nonprofits, iATS Payments provides the best possible payment processing services possible.
- 90+ customizable online donation forms: Select from a variety of 90+ online donation forms and start your fundraising campaign on the right foot.
- 24/7 top-class customer support: On the very rare occasion that you are facing an issue with your online donation request forms or payment processing, you can always ask for help from the friendly customer support team of iATS Payments.
You can check out the pricing of iATS Payments here.
iATS Payments is the best payment processing partner that you can have as a nonprofit. Your funds are always kept secure and can be transferred to your nonprofits’ accounts almost instantly.
Snowball is a mobile-friendly platform that can take your fundraising campaign to the next level with a bundle of useful features.
Not only does Snowball have all the necessary marketing tools, but the platform also offers a unique feature “event ticketing” which can be used to sell an events’ tickets and share the receipts with the buyers hassle-free. It is an all-in-one platform covering all the aspects of online fundraising.
- Personalized donation pages: Create customized online donation request forms and connect to your audience in a more personalized way.
- Text-to-give: Send automated texts to your donors and allow them to donate generously using their mobile devices.
- Event ticketing: A unique feature to sell events’ tickets online and collect funds.
- Auctions supported: Setup online auctions with ease and start raising money for a good cause.
The basic package of Snowball has no monthly charges and you only have to pay 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction but it comes with limited features. To unlock all the features, you need to buy an annual subscription to the platform starting from $549. To learn more about the pricing, click here.
Overall, this is a great online donation platform, especially for the “mobile-centric” fundraising campaigns. The text-to-give is a welcomed feature and plays a great role in prospecting.
#10 Double the donation
If your nonprofit is targeting big corporations, then matching gift programs is perfect for you, and Double the Donation platform can certainly help with your fundraising cause.
This online donation platform lets the businesses keep track of the donations made by their employees and then match it, essentially doubling the initial deposit.
Let’s have a look at some of the noticeable features of this platform.
- Automated matching gift program: With double the donations, you can find several matching gift programs and take your fundraising to a whole new level.
- Award-winning customer support: A knowledgebase full of helpful resources and articles as well as an award-winning customer support service to help your fundraising campaigns.
- Easy integration: Double the donation can be integrated with all your existing software easily.
- All devices friendly platform: Friendly for both mobile devices and desktop versions.
Unlike other platforms on the list, Double the donation is not a free online donation platform. The platform provides two different packages with the basic package starting from $499 per year to kick start your fundraising campaign. To learn more about the pricing, click here.
A must-try tool for matching gift programs. Although a bit expensive, the platform does offer some great features to help you in your fundraising campaign.
Wrapping it up:
So, there you have it. All the above listed online platforms are great and will get the job done! Some of the platforms were considered due to their pricing while others were included for the list of features they offered.
However, If you are looking for an all-in-one solution that is cost-effective and yet, offers plenty of useful features, then Sumac should be your first choice! Thanks to the marketing and prospecting tools Sumac offers, your fundraising campaign is guaranteed to be a success!
Download Your Free Guide on Choosing CRM Software for Your Nonprofit!